Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Make Bulletin Boards ~ Craft

Yay, a craft!! This week, Christina bought some cork for the sandals in the last post. She had a lot left over and thought that it would make darling bulletin boards for us!











Supplies:
Sheet of cork (found at craft stores)
Ribbon
Scrapbook paper
Glue dots


Measure the area in your doll house that you will be mounting your boards in. I had about 11 inches to work with so I chose to go with two 5x5 inch squares. You can do whatever you want for your board, 1 rectangle, 4 squares, 2 squares, etc. It's up to you. I'll be telling you how to make yours just like mine, but be creative and make up your own designs and patterns!

Place a ribbon across on of your boards in the position you prefer.  

Turn your board over and secure the ends with glue dots.

Add as many ribbons as you like, making sure to create several crossing points.

On your second board, use pieces of scrapbook paper cut into fun shapes to decorate it. Attach with glue dots.

The two together

To fill your boards, print out little posters from the internet. My posters say: "There is always always always something to be thankful for. Find it" "Keep Calm and Play Dolls" "What a lovely day" "I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun - not because I can see it but by it I can see everything else - C.S. Lewis" "Keep Calm and Sew On" I also printed out some photos of my dolls after I took the pictures for this craft (we were having printer trouble).

For the ribbon board, place the papers behind the ribbons. On the other one, use a little piece of tape folded over so that you can change them around.

Mount your boards on the wall. The cork that I bought came with mounting pads that stick to the wall. 

Tada!

So, did you like it? We're pretty excited about our new boards. :) 
Rebecca and Kirsten

6 comments:

  1. You were awarded the elegant blogger award on aggirl79.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were awarded the Elegant Blogger Award on http://teatimewithmelodyq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the sewing machine? Soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)