Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Our Christmas!//Happy New Year!!

I know it's a week since Christmas, but we wanted to share ours with you all anyway!!
____________________________
*Disclaimer: It was super grey and foggy outside, so our lighting was quite bad. We are very sorry for the poor quality of these photos and hope that you enjoy the story nonetheless*

On Christmas morning, I woke up to the sound of Jingle Bells and the smell of gingerbread.

Suddenly, I realized that it was Christmas morning and that Rebecca was playing the piano while waiting for me!

I quickly slipped into my dress, which I had laid out the night before. Rebecca and I always wear our winter dresses and do our hair the prettiest way we know how for Christmas!

Then I pulled on my cozy winter socks

I checked my hair in our warped mirror (I had done it the night before)

and finally, I put on my amber heart necklace.

When I came upstairs, Rebecca was still playing Christmas music. The house looked so pretty with our gingerbread house on the table, the presents under the tree, and the snowflakes on the wall.

Rebecca finished her song and then turned towards me

"Merry Christmas!!" she said.

"Merry Christmas!" I said, and hugged her. "Your curls turned out perfectly!!" Rebecca had worked really hard on her curls the night before, because they didn't always want to curl nicely.

"Thank you! Your hair is super cute, too!" and with that we sat down, each with a present in our lap. All of the presents were for both of us this time.

"You can go first, Becca," I said.

"Thanks!" she said, and ripped open the present. 

"It's a lego man for our collection!!" she exclaimed, picking him up and putting him together.

"He's a sea captain and he has an awesome little seagull!"

After we admired him a little, I opened the other present.

"Oh Rebecca, look at this sweet calendar! It's so pretty!" We were really excited to get such a nice calendar. 

There was only one present left so Becca suggested that we open it together.

"Ready, set, go!"

When we saw what it was, we stopped and looked at each other. It was a Caroline doll! We had always wanted an American Girl doll but Christina thought they were too expensive.

I pulled her out of the box and Rebecca let me hold her first. "She's so pretty!" I said, "Her eyes are the loveliest aqua color!"

Then Rebecca took her, "I love her hair!" she said.

We sat there, oohing and aahing over her, we were so excited!

Then I got up and cleared the paper away, and when I came back, Rebecca had stacked the boxes nicely and set Caroline up beside the tree.

She sat back down at the piano and we sang Christmas carols until breakfast.
_____________________________________

Happy new year! A huge thank-you to all of our followers! We started this blog in May and now have 60 followers! This has been so much fun, and everyone's comments are so kind and encouraging! 
Thank you all!!
~ Kirsten

12 comments:

  1. awww SO CUTE! :)

    -Meghan at Girlydolltype.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are awesome. I have been having a lot of bad lighting too and it is too cold to go outside. But yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having my first giveaway on my blog http://agfanblog2013.blogspot.com
    Great pictures, they don't look like the lighting is bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool!
      Thank you! I edited them a lot :)

      Delete
    2. Can you please enter my giveaway on my blog?

      Delete
  4. What an ADORABLE photo story!! How did you get Becca's hair to go like that? I want to curl Melly's hair, but it doesn't stay in like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I used the AG curlers and I curled her hair three times! It doesn't stay super curly for very long, though. :)

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately I don't have any proper curlers. I just clip or tie her hair up, and then it goes a bit wavy, but it never really works. Maybe I'll have more luck with my new doll's hair :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's too bad. Yeah, it could also be her hair!

      Delete
  5. That is a really sweet story!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)