Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Dress for Caroline

 Today I came downstairs and found Charlotte designing something at the sewing table.
"Hi Charlotte, what're you designing this time?" I asked.


"I decided that if we're going to Hawaii, Caroline is going to need a sundress! So I designed one like yours."
I bent over to get a better look.
"That's a great idea! I'll get her."

 So I climbed up onto my bed where Caroline was patiently waiting for me, and brought her down to Charlotte.

"What fabric do you think we should use?"
"Hmmm, do you have any more of the fabric from your dress? That would probably look great with her eyes!"
"I think so. It should be in the closet!"

While Charlotte went to find some fabric, I measured Caroline.
"Hmm, only three and a half inches around! You're tiny!" I said to her.

"I found some! I think it's enough, too!"
"Perfect!"

Then Charlotte went upstairs and I set to work!



 When I finished sewing, I ironed it out 'cause it got pretty wrinkly while I was sewing!


Then I tried it on her. It fit perfectly! I couldn't wait to show Charlotte!

"Ta-da! What do you think?"
"It's perfect! She's so cute!"


I think it turned out really well, what do you think?

~ Kirsten

17 comments:

  1. Soooooo cute. Did your really make that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Caroline is adorable! I just LOVE making mini doll clothes, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my first time, but it was pretty cool!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! That is soooooo cool! :)

    -elly

    2dollstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are nominated for the Liebster Award! Go here: http://carrotandclaire.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebester-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! You are nominated for the Liebester Award on my blog too! Haha! Guess your blog is just really popular! :)
    Visit my blog to claim your award. ;)
    http://marisasamericangirls.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebester-award.html

    ~Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, my goodness you are nominated for the Liebster award on my blog too!

    here is a link to my blog: http://2dollstars.blogspot.com/

    - elly

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You are nominated for a Liebster award to!! xD Come check it out!
    agdollsandbooksseeamericangirl.blogspot.com

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were awarded: http://onedolloutthere.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh this is so cute. A doll for a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been nominated for the Liebster award! Please check it out: http://jessicasblogjournal.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)