Friday, August 15, 2014

At The Pool

Hello Everyone! Wow, I can't believe we haven't posted since the 4th of July. Whoops! Well, it's been a pretty busy summer, and it's also been pretty smoky around here; the fires are really bad, so we haven't gone outside as much.

However, a few days ago we did finally get out to the pool!

It wasn't too hot out, so we stood around in the shallow end, chatting and splashing each other. Well, it was mostly me splashing them, hehe! 
"Well, we have about a month left of summer, so we'd better make sure it's good!" I said.
"I can't believe it's already the middle of August!" exclaimed Kirsten, then added, "Hmm, we'll be going to the beach with Gwen and Megan in September...I'm not sure what else we should do. What do you think, Charlotte?"
"I've been looking into play auditions for myself, so I've got that, but maybe we should go somewhere for the weekend!"
I liked the sound of that, and asked "Ooh, like where?"

"I don't know, but we should look into it!" Charlotte replied, getting out of the pool.
"Hey, d'you think you can just get out of the water like that, without actually getting all the way in?" I said, pulling her back in. As we jokingly struggled, she slipped and fell all the way in! But then she pulled me under. Of course, then Kirsten was the only dry one, but just as we came for her she jumped in on her own so we didn't have a chance.
We chased each other around the pool for a while, but then we were exhausted, so Kirsten and I returned to the shallow end, and Charlotte finally got to leave! 


While Charlotte sat on her towel, us two continued to chat.
"I'd say it's been a pretty successful summer so far," Kirsten said, "I've sewn several doll dresses and I've re-read the entire Chronicles of Narnia!"
"I agree. I've baked a ton, and I've practiced piano every week. That's pretty good!"
Charlotte chimed in, "And I've gotten to learn more about designing and acting! I'd definitely say it's been a great summer."
"And it's not over yet!" I added. 


It was so beautiful out, and there was no reason for us to leave, so we stayed there all afternoon, just relaxing and spending time together. :)


I hope your summer's been as spectacular as mine! 
~ Becca

17 comments:

  1. These are amazing photos! And such a cute photostory! You are awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I would be so afraid that my dolls would fall in the water as they seem to fall over a lot when I pose them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, it's pretty scary cause mine do too!

      Delete
  3. Super cute! You're super brave to put your dollls in the water. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute - I love your pictures! You are brave to put your dolls in the water, I'd be afraid they would fall over - haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so cute! Your dolls are gorgeous and the scenes at the pool were lovely. :)
    ~ Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos! I don't think I'd be brave enough to put my dolls in water, either, Jessica Rae-I would NOT want them to fall in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything you do is amazing. Period.

    XOXOXO,
    Dally

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)