Saturday, January 17, 2015

Snow Day at the Cabin

While we were relaxing at the cabin, it snowed just beautifully during the night! We went out right away after breakfast to sled and explore.

"Wow," I said, pulling the sled and looking about me,
"This is beautiful," breathed Charlotte.
"It really is a winter wonderland!" Kirsten exclaimed.


"Okay," I said, pointing the sled downhill, "hop on!"
Kirsten sat down behind me and I picked up the rope to head on down. However, there was one slight problem.
"Hm, we don't seem to be moving," Kirsten observed.
"Yes, how queer," I added, "Charlotte, would you give us a push?"


"Sure!" she agreed, but just as she gave Kirsten a shove, what did she do but jump on back as well!
"And away we go!" Charlotte cried.
We went flying down the hill, all three of us clinging to each other for dear life and laughing as the snow blinded flew in our faces. It was grand fun, and when we reached the bottom we all fell off and lay breathless in the snow. 
"Yipee, I'm going again!" Charlotte announced, picking up the rope. "Who wants to come with me?"


"Would you look at that?" I murmured to Kirsten. "That's our proper, fashionable sister!"
"Oh hush," Kirsten said, "I guess she knows a good time when she sees one!"
"I know," I laughed, "but aren't you just a wee bit surprised at her enthusiasm?"
"Well, maybe a little," she admittted, "C'mon, let's make a snowman while our "fashionable sister" flies around."


"Okey dokey," I said, and began rolling snowballs.


"Here's the head!" I plopped it on top of Kirsten's little snowman.
"He's a little small," Kirsten said critically, "but little ones are a lot easier to make."
"That's true," I said, "Let's go find some arms."


"Hey, nice snowman!" Charlotte said.
"Thanks! How's the sledding?" I asked.
"Thrilling!" she replied gleefully. 


"Here are some sticks for arms," Kirsten handed me one and stuck one in her side.
"Ta-da!" I said, "He looks pretty good!"


"Well, you two want to go on a walk through there?" Charlotte asked.
"Sure! It looks beautiful!" Kirsten agreed.
"Let's do it!" I cried.

It really was gorgeous and we had a marvelous day!
~ Rebecca

19 comments:

  1. I loved this story! And your pics are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the girls had a lot of fun! Your pictures are gorgeous! :D
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Your pictures are really great! I love your dolls' clothes!

    doll-fun-with-abby.webs.com

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it would snow at my house. My dolls don't seem to want to sled in the rain or make a rainman. Oh well. Your pictures are just so beautiful maybe having snow on the computer screen makes up for none on the ground. : )

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, rainmen just aren't as fun ;)

      Delete
  5. Ah - snow! We wish we saw more of that down here.
    We agree with everyone else - you take beautiful pictures.
    ~Elizabeth and Chrissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like they had a lot of fun! Did any part of the dolls get wet? If so, was it any problem?(My sister is somewhat afraid of bringing dolls out in the snow, and I want to know if it's safe)

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They did not - I made sure to stand them up steadily and when I wasn't using them I laid them on my coat (it was on the snow). The times that my dolls have gotten wet (like falling in the ocean or the pool!), I've simply dried them off with a towel and removed their clothes. If their eyes get wet it's a good idea to lay them face down on a towel just in case some water got in the head (their eyes could rust). But I've never had any problems when they've gotten wet, just be careful!

      Delete
  7. Great photos and beautiful story. Lot of snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. How did you do that hairstyle, the one in the ponytail with a cool twist. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome photos! looks like they had fun!!! :)

    I entered the DW fashion design challenge! please vote for it!
    here is a link:
    http://wi2014dwfashiondesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/02/entry-8-intermediate-frozens-elsa.html

    thanks!
    elly
    2dollstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nominated you for the Your a great photographer award!
    here is the link:
    http://2dollstars.blogspot.com/2015/03/your-great-photographer-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)