Thursday, June 29, 2017

Meet Phoebe and Harriet!


Hello hello! Is anyone still out there? If so, I'm back, if only for a short time :) 

I've been at college for the past two years and decided to pick up my doll hobby again for the summertime! Last summer I worked on these two customs and now they're ready to meet you!



On the left is Harriet Katherine, based off of Anne Shirley, and on the right is Phoebe Jo, based on Jo March from Little Women.



Harriet Katherine has a Marie-Grace face mold, #61's hair, and #55's hazel eyes. I gave her the hazel eyes because Anne's are described as green-grey and I thought these were the closest. She also has custom freckles that I painted on using brown paint and a toothpick. 


Phoebe Jo has #61's body, Marie-Grace's hair (straightened and without pin curls), and grey eyes from an older Molly (they have shorter brown lashes). 


Harriet, sometimes called Hattie, is a dreamer and a girl of big ideas. Though not particularly quiet in speech, she is often silent until aroused from her imaginings, at which point she joins in the conversation with great relish. She is also rather a romantic, though not dramatic like Charlotte. Her hobbies are writing poetry, playing the violin, and pursuing her studies. Her favorite color is spring green and her favorite book is her collection of Shakespeare’s works. She is dreamy, intelligent, and “simply beautiful in everything she does,” to quote her sisters.


Phoebe, often called Phoebe Jo as a whole, is boisterous and great fun. She is often too loud for the girls’ little house, which leads her to seek the outdoors as a place of freedom and high adventure. She is always cooking up a story and, when not discussing literary subjects with one girl, is whisking off another. Her hobbies are writing, gardening, and running off on adventures. Her favorite color is red (a “good, bold color”) and her favorite book is Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott. She is a bit wild but very kindhearted.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how gorgeous! I love Phoebe Jo's glasses! I'm excited that you're back for the summer, welcome back!
    ~ Light4theLord
    https://dollsnall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely stunning! Anne and Jo are my favorite literary characters of all time. I'm so glad you're back-will you be posting on Idlewild at all?
    Lovely pictures!
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have "archived" Idlewild, so to speak, but started up a new personal blog when I left for college. It's not a creative-type blog, but a here's what I'm up to kind of blog :) I can give you the URL if you like!

      Delete
    2. I would love to get the URL to it, if possible! Thank you!

      Delete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)