Sunday, July 23, 2017

Blue Bicycle

Hi everyone! This is Hattie and this marks my first post on the family blog. Today I put on my favorite summer outfit, hopped onto my bike and headed out to see the sights (the sights being the neighborhood, of course). It was beautiful out! The morning temperature was perfect and the sunlight glinted off the houses and made dappled patterns through the trees. 

I brought along Josefina, her book, and my camera just in case I found a photography spot. Besides, there's just something so "bookish" about riding a bike with your doll for a companion. I love Josie's outfit, with her peasant top and deep red skirt - her outfit reminds me of how I like to dress.


I found a darling white house that I would've liked to photograph Josefina by, but didn't want to stop at someone else's house. It was exquisite all the same. 


And so I pedaled on with my little doll as a companion, for, as Ernest Hemingway said, “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.”


1 comment:

  1. Looks ans sounds more dollightful than ever.

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)