Saturday, September 27, 2014

Washington DC!

Hello Everyone! Charlotte here :)  I recently had the opportunity to go to Washington DC for a couple days, so I jumped right on it!

Unfortunately, many of the official buildings don't allow cameras, so I wasn't able to take many photos, but I thought I'd share the few that I have!

Here I am in front of the Supreme Court, it was so huge and beautiful! I got to go inside and learn all about how the court works, it was quite fascinating.

 And here's the Capitol; it's so grand! The interior is amazing: so many statues and paintings. I love all the architecture and design, it's simply breathtaking. One of my favorite parts of DC was all the quotes from great leaders engraved around the city. The Lincoln and Jefferson memorials were my favorite, but I saw them the day I saw the White House, which doesn't allow any cameras.

Lastly, here I am at the National Gallery of Art. It was amazing seeing so many original paintings, so many are quite large--and beautiful. I think my favorites were Albert Bierstadt's gorgeous landscapes, I wished I could've stepped right into them, like Alice into the looking glass, they were just so lovely. 



Well, I hope you enjoyed this quick update; sorry there aren't more photos!

Outfit Details:
Shirt: Janie Jumps
Shorts: Daisy Chains
Headband, flip-flops and watch: American Girl

Until next time!
~Charlotte

18 comments:

  1. Great post! D.C. is lovely isn't it? Did you go to the natural history museum? That's my favorite along with Newseum although you have to pay to go in to the Newseum. :) I hope you enjoyed your trip. I love going to D.C. :)
    Make sure to follow my blog! I am currently having a writing challenge and I would love it if you entered. You can find more info about the challenge here:http://thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com/p/cacawc.html
    Aliah

    thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I did! I loved seeing all the different animals, they were so fascinating!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! I loved DC. ;)

    Sophia.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! My favorite is the picture of you in front of the Capitol, Charlotte! :D
    ~Adaline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool photos! I think I like the second photo the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I love your blog, the pictures are flawless and your dolls have such great personalities!
    I nominated you for the Sunshine Award on my blog: www.anamericangirldollstory.blogspot.com! Go on my blog to see what you need to do to enter!
    ~ Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte, I nominated this blog for the sunshine award. Check out this post for the details.
    http://myagworld.com/?p=457

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for the LG award!
    http://2dollstars.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-lg-award.html

    -elly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I nominated you for an award on my blog. Check it out!
    http://www.dolldaydreams.blogspot.com/2014/11/award-famous-people-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Charlotte! :) I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award on my blog, Life of a Library Girl (www.librarygirl-life.blogspot.com). I'd be honored if you could check it out!

    ~Mary Hannah (Mama Hen)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tagged you on my blog!
    http://dolldaydreams.blogspot.com/2014/11/grateful-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tagged you for the thankful blogger tag!
    http://2dollstars.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-grateful-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)