Saturday, January 18, 2014

Charlotte

There was quite a hustle and bustle in the dollhouse the other day...
Kirsten was hastily dusting the furniture,

while I added a few last-minute sprinkles to the cookies.

You see, a special visitor was coming and we were trying to fix up the house...

When she finished dusting, Kirsten set the table.

"Why don't you put the bowl of peaches on the table, too?" I suggested, "They're so pretty in our big bowl!" Then I began working on the sandwiches.

"Okay! That's a great idea! Oh, and we're going to need another chair." Kirsten said, reaching for the bowl. 

By the time I made it back up, Kirsten had finished setting the table. It looked so nice!

Knock-knock Kirsten and I stopped suddenly and looked at each other. Our guest was here!

Kirsten raced to the door, ripping off her cap as she ran.

I hurriedly hung up my apron and went to the door, excited to see her!

Kirsten had opened the door and was just saying "Hi, I'm Kirsten!" when I walked up. "And I'm Rebecca, or Becca!" I added.

"I'm Charlotte," our visitor pronounced, "and I'm your new sister!"

I was so happy that I just hugged her! 

Then Kirsten gave her a big hug, too.

"Wow," I said, "This is wonderful! We've always wanted another sister! I haven't been so excited since Kirsten came!" 

Then Kirsten went to put away her apron, and I showed Charlotte to a seat.

"I'm so excited to have a family!" Charlotte exclaimed. "Well, we're just as excited to have another sister!" I said.

"So," said Kirsten, pouring the milk, "tell us about yourself!"

"Well, I'm eleven years old-" "Right in-between us!" I interrupted. "Really? That's so neat!" she said, then continued. "I like acting and writing and I love being outside. I've always wanted to play the piano and to write a book!"

"That's really neat!" said Kirsten, "Have you been in any plays?"

Before she could answer, I brought in a platter with the cookies and a gift.

"Here, Charlotte, this is for you," I said, handing her the gift and a cookie.

"Oh wow!" she said, "I love them! Thank you so much!!"

It was so much fun. She loved the earrings (and the cookies!) and we had a wonderful time with her! 

Hope you enjoyed!

19 comments:

  1. So cute!

    -Fluff
    agbffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a new doll! Congrats! Wanna win a headband for Charlotte?
    Enter my giveaway with That's Lolli at http://agfanblog2013.blogspot.com.
    Thanks!
    -Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Charlotte's so cute. I'm sure Kirsten and Rebecca are glad to have a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures and doll house are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! All of the dolls are so pretty! How do you keep their hair so nice?

    Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For Rebecca, I brush her hair a lot and use a little spritz bottle with water; for Kirsten, I keep her hair in braids and only rebraid it about once every 6 months; for Charlotte, well, I just got her, but I've brushed her hair and then put it in the AG curlers to keep it nice and curly. :) I use water on all of them.

      Delete
  6. Congrats! I LOVE Charlotte, she's gorgeous! I hope I have enough money for a doll soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I! That would be really awesome! :)

      Delete
  7. How cute! Nice to meet Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a Superstar Site on my blog! Go here for the award: http://carrotandclaire.blogspot.com/2014/03/superstar-sites-for-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that doll! I named her Patience.

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)